Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Out on a Limb


I am just sayin...I believe babies can sleep with their mommas, and be totally safe and thrive and be healthy. I know all the cons...and lets say all things equal...safe flat bed, no crazy heavy blankets, mom not on meds or ETOH, all that aside...cuz I know...I still want to let people know that its ok to sleep with your baby.
As a nurse, my patients will ask me if its ok to sleep with their baby, and obligatorily I have to say what the recommendations are, but my heart feels differently. I have slept with all of mine with various degrees of rails on the bed edges, and co-sleepers and have relished every minute of 24 hour contact. My last baby girl, now 2 yrs, had that really fancy co-sleeper...and I loved it. It held my glasses safely while we slept and it housed diapers for me and kept my baby safe from falling off the bed, but she never..yup never (i know!) slept in it. sigh.
So there...I said it. I made it public. I support co-sleeping with your baby with all the safety nets in place:) (I try to be so PC).

No comments:

Post a Comment